Now I am officially in the summer break, and can focus on GSoC. From now on, posts will be made weekly.
In the first phase, I finished the UI design and finalized the design decisions of the palette docker.
- KisColorEntry will be holding the position information of the palette swatches
- All Palettes that has position information will be stored in .kpl.
- A list MVC will be used to manage and show the list of palettes available
- The data model of a palette (a KoColorSet) will be managed in this way: A palette will be a list of
QMaps with the row number of each color entry being the key
- The palette view will be used everywhere that a palette needs to be shown
Because of the last one, I have been refactoring related code in the last month. The refactoring is generally completed, with KisDlgInternalColorSelector being the last dependency that haven’t been moved to enable KisPaletteView to be used everywhere needed.
After the refactoring, a new palette chooser is going to be written to be used to choose the palettes.